March 9, 2015 - June 6, 2015 - All Day at
Hilltop Montessori School of Brattleboro has launched a “Tiny House Raffle” to benefit the school’s financial aid program and Morningside Shelter. Jamaica Cottage Shop has donated a tiny house kit that Hilltop students and families will assemble this spring. The 7’ x 12’ house is built on a trailer for easy mobility and will be raffled off at 3pm on the Brattleboro Common after the Strolling of the Heifers parade on June 6th. Tickets are $20 each and can be purchased at Hilltop Montessori School, Morningside Shelter, and on-line at www.hilltopmontessori.org/tiny-house-raffle-2015.
Hilltop Montessori School is an independent school serving economically diverse children 18 months through eighth grade. For more information visit www.hilltopmontessori.org.
May 8, 2015 - May 9, 2015 - 6:00 pm - 1:00 am at The Miller’s Falls Rod and Gun Club
210 Turners Falls Rd
The Valley Lux Festival will bring together lighting and projection artists with electronic musicians to create an immersive and interactive festival experience for its attendees. The Valley Lux Festival aims to help nurture a space and a climate for electronic and digital arts in the Pioneer Valley by bringing an industrial aesthetic into the natural surroundings of the area. Installation artwork will be on display throughout the woods where attendees can view the contributions of artists like D’hana, Valentina Forte-Hernandez, John Erickson, and many others. Musical performances, curated by Foie Gras Music, will include Swing House musician Don Johnson, Heart of House, and Brooklyn-based artist Battyjack, as well as local electronic music standouts.
Guests will have access to the Brewmaster Jack Lounge, where the Northampton craft brewery’s beer will flow on tap. There will also be a variety of local food trucks for attendees to enjoy, including Korean street food from Sun Kim Bop and Southern-style barbeque from Cliff’s Smokin’ BBQ.
Early Bird Passes are available now at ValleyLuxFestival.com. One-day Early Bird Passes are available for $15.00 and two-day Early Bird Passes are available for $25.00. Daily Passes at the door will be available for $20.00.
To promote a greener and safer community free parking will be extended to vehicles with 3 or more passengers. For more information visit ValleyLuxFestival.com or email the festival at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 8, 2015 - 7:00 pm at Iron Horse Music Hall
20 Center Street
May 9, 2015 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm at
Dick Joyce is leading a tour of Holyoke railroads past, present, and future. Dick grew up in Holyoke and has great knowledge of the area. Holyoke at its peak had a dense network of railroads to serve many industries in a relatively small area. We’ll stop at several locations and end with lunch. $10 per person.
Register via email: email@example.com
For those unable to email, please call 516-830-1462 for assistance with the registration process.
May 9, 2015 - 7:00 pm at Iron Horse Music Hall
20 Center Street
May 9, 2015 - 8:00 pm - 10:30 pm at Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center
14 Castle Street
Affectionately referred to by Elton John as “the greatest songwriter on the planet” and praised by the New York Times for his “genuine originality,” Grammy nominee Rufus Wainwright has established himself as one of the great male vocalists and songwriters of his generation.
For more information and tickets, click here.
May 15, 2015 - 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm at Sweeney Concert Hall
Featuring Smith College seniors in performances of instrumental and vocal chamber music.
May 15, 2015 - 7:00 pm at Iron Horse Music Hall
20 Center Street
May 15, 2015 - 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm at The Arts Block
289 Main Street
“Third Friday” comedy continues May 15. The Third Friday comedy series at The Arts Block promises laughter a plenty each month. And May is no exception. On May 15 at 8 p.m., enjoy the comedy stylings of Cathy McNally, Mike Lemme, Ellen Moschetto, Matt Kona, Timothy Lovett and host Jennifer Myszkowski.
What: Third Friday Comedy Night with Cathy McNally, Mike Lemme, Ellen Moschetto, Matt Kona, Timothy Lovett and Jennifer Myszkowski
When: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 8 p.m.
Price: $10 at the door or $7 in advance at www.theartsblock.com
Where: The Arts Block, 289 Main Street in Greenfield, Mass.
About the comics:
- Matt Kona is a regular on the Boston Comedy Scene. Matt conveys a goofy and likable breed of dark humor while poking fun at topics from the mundane to the taboo with equal sharpness. He blends absurdist one liners and twisted personal experiences, making him one of the most unique and interesting comedians in New England.
- Mike Lemme is a young comedian surviving in New York City, where he can be seen performing every night. His one-man show, Where I’m From, was a hit at New York’s Frigid Festival. His comedy has been featured on Nickelodeon, PBS and stages in Greenwich Village’s best dimly lit basements. Mike grew up in Chicopee, Mass.
- In addition to being a stand-up comedian, Timothy Lovett promotes shows in Northampton, is a student at STCC, is a published author, and sits on the editorial board of The Change Agent magazine. He was voted class clown three years in a row.
- Cathy McNally has been performing on Valley Stages for more than 15 years. As a stand-up comic, she has performed at the Northampton Women’s Comedy Festival, area colleges and local clubs. She has twice won “Most Humorous Monologue” at the Ko Festival Northampton Story Slam and she was a founding member of the comedy improve troupe, the Villa Jidiots.
- Ellen Moschetto is a Writer, Stand-Up Comedian, Yoga Instructor, Regular Daytime Job Holder and All-Around Nice Lady (usually).
- Jennifer Myszkowski has been forcing laughter upon the good people of the northeast region since 2000. She has performed at comedy clubs, colleges and at all kinds of varied (and sometimes sordid) venues throughout southern New England. Jennifer hosts Bear Swaps, a Saturday-morning call-in program in Bear Country 95.3 FM, and books and hosts the Third Friday Comedy series. Jennifer lives in Holyoke.
About The Arts Block- The Arts Block Café is a venue featuring both local and nationally recognized artists. Learn more at www.theartsblock.com.
Stay tuned for our upcoming “Third Friday” shows:
- June 19 with Nick Caron, Kathleen Kanz, Kate Procyshyn and more
- July 17 with Dave Yubruh, Andrew Mayer and more
May 16, 2015 - 9:00 am - 11:45 am at trinity church baptist lot
Enhance your garden with a plant from the sale. Offering flowers from the Bridge and surrounding gardens, annuals, nursery propagated wildflowers, garden inspired gifts, tools, books, art and more. Visit beautiful Shelburne Falls and support the Bridge of Flowers.
Powered by Events Manager