CARLA’S COUPLE’S ADVENTURE CONTEST RULES
Carla’s Couple’s Adventure is a sweepstakes on WRSI. Listeners are invited to enter online at WRSI.com to win the prize between Monday March 3 and noon Friday March 7th.
Listeners can enter up to once per day during the online entry period. To enter you must become a registered user through uPickem.
Listeners can enter once again, in person, at the Country Hyundai dealership grand opening on 374 King Street, Northampton, between 1 and 2:30 pm on Saturday March 8th.
One random winner will be chosen from all entries on Saturday, March 8th at 2:45 pm at the Country Hyundai dealership, 374 King Street, Northampton. The winner must be present to win.
The winner will receive two recreational kayaks, two paddles, two bicycles and a pair of passes to the Bromley Mountain alpine slide and Berkshire East zipline. Approximate retail value is $1,700.00.
Prizes will be awarded immediately after the drawing. Winners must make arrangements to transport prizes away from Country Hyundai as soon as possible.
WRSI contests are open to all eligible Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire residents age 18 or older have not won anything on WRSI in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
Employees of WRSI, Saga Communications of Northampton, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WRSI main studios are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
WHMP/WRSI GENERAL CONTEST RULES
Wherever the words 93.9 The River / WRSI appear in these rules, they include the business entity to which the station is licensed, and any member companies, parent corporations, and affiliates. For example, 93.9 The River / WRSI would include Saga Communications of New England, LLC, and its sole member, Saga Communications, Inc.
1) No purchase is necessary to enter any 93.9 The River / WRSI contest.
2) All contestants must be permanent residents of Massachusetts, Vermont, or New Hampshire and must provide 93.9 The River / WRSI with a valid form of identification and Social Security number satisfactory to 93.9 The River / WRSI management.
3) Subject to rule (4) below, all contestants must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to participate in contests that include hotel/motel accommodations, motor vehicles, boats, and/or air travel as prizes.
4) All contestants must be at least 21 years old to be eligible for all contests affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor.
5) One entry per household will be permitted to participate in a contest. A “household” is defined as any individuals residing at the same address. After winning a contest on 93.9 The River / WRSI, the individual/household is ineligible to win any other contests on 93.9 The River / WRSI for a period of thirty (30) days. All individuals/households receiving a prize valued at $500.00 or more on 93.9 The River / WRSI may be issued a 1099 Federal Income Tax Form by 93.9 The River / WRSI, and are ineligible to win a prize valued at $500.00 or more for a period of one calendar year from the date of winning. If it is determined that a selected contestant is ineligible as a result of one or both of these restrictions, another contestant will be selected. This selection procedure will continue until these restrictions are satisfied.
6) Anytime the 93.9 The River / WRSI on-air studio is called, it is assumed by the caller that the phone call is being recorded and may be broadcast. The caller grants permission to 93.9 The River / WRSI to broadcast the call or record the call for later broadcast.
6a) For telephone contests, listeners may enter by calling 866.586.8939. If any problems are discovered by 93.9 The River / WRSI, different call-in numbers or addresses may be substituted and utilized after those numbers and addresses are broadcast on 93.9 The River / WRSI. In the event a caller is disconnected during a contest before his/her name and phone number is recorded, then the prize will be awarded to the next caller whose name and phone number are recorded. The person operating the telephone at 93.9 The River / WRSI has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
7) For contests requiring written entry forms, they may be faxed to 413-585-0927, e-mailed to a contest specific address on WRSI.COM, or mailed/delivered to 93.9 The River / WRSI – PO Box 268, Northampton, MA 01061. All entries become property of 93.9 The River / WRSI and will not be returned. 93.9 The River / WRSI reserves the right to retain any or all contest materials for any reason that 93.9 The River / WRSI deems necessary to the completion of the contest, or reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising. 93.9 The River / WRSI shall have no responsibility for a contestant’s failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
8) Any specific rules and/or restrictions pertaining to individual contests (entry dates, a limit on number or words on an entry, etc.) will be disclosed in on-air announcements.
9) Prizes must be picked up by the winners at the (93.9 The River / WRSI business office or other pre-arranged or pre-announced location within thirty (30) days of notification to the winner, unless there is a deadline date by which the prizes must be picked up, in which case, that date will be specifically stated. Otherwise, failure to pick up the prizes by the deadline will result in the forfeiture of the prize, which shall remain the property of 93.9 The River / WRSI. 93.9 The River / WRSI assumes no liability for the delivery of prizes.
10) In the event the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), 93.9 The River / WRSI ‘s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as 93.9 The River / WRSI awarding the prize to the winner. 93.9 The River / WRSI shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. 93.9 The River / WRSI shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
11) As a condition of entering a contest, contestants must agree that upon winning, they will consent to the use of their name, likeness, and all verbal and written communications with 93.9 The River / WRSI for publicity purposes.
12) Employees of 93.9 The River / WRSI, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, (and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc.), their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the 93.9 The River / WRSI main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
13) All prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. 93.9 The River / WRSI reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value. 93.9 The River / WRSI cannot be held responsible for unforeseen cancellations or delays of concerts/events or transportation caused by weather, promoter or performer.
14) Winners are solely responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Winner may be issued a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won in contests from 93.9 The River / WRSI and/or participating co-sponsors exceeds $600.00.
15) 93.9 The River / WRSI, Saga Communications of New England, LLC assumes no liability for liability, damages, situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. 93.9 The River / WRSI, Saga Communications of New England, LLC , all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies, affiliates thereof, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest. As a condition of entering a contest, participants may be required, upon winning, to sign a release form and affidavit of eligibility to claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the contestant’s right to claim or receive the prize.
16) The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on WRSI.COM
a) All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or contestants will be disqualified.
b) To be eligible to win a prize, a contestant must reside within the listening area of 93.9 The River / WRSI, as defined within the exclusive discretion of 93.9 The River / WRSI management.
c) Any problems with the internet or email are not 93.9 The River / WRSI ‘s responsibility.
d) Contestants who attempt to register to participate on 93.9 The River / WRSI’s websites may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
17) All giveaways and contests are void where prohibited by law. All local, state and federal regulations apply. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, 93.9 The River / WRSI reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of 93.9 The River / WRSI management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant. 93.9 The River / WRSI reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the contest rules have been violated in any way. 93.9 The River / WRSI reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. All decisions of 93.9 The River / WRSI are final.
18) Although 93.9 The River / WRSI will make reasonable efforts to conduct its contests substantially as announced or advertised, 93.9 The River / WRSI reserves the right in extraordinary situations to change or modify the rules of its contests as exigent circumstances may require. In such cases, 93.9 The River / WRSI will amend the rules for that contest and broadcast the amended rules as promptly as possible. In such case, the contest will be conducted in accordance with the amended rules.
19) A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the 93.9 The River / WRSI studios, 15 Hampton Ave, Northampton, MA.
Revised November 1, 2008